I had a thought today, during lecture, about education. The limit imposed on our essay assignment was announced to be 6 pages, including text and images. No specific word count was stated, which led my Singaporean friend to approach the lecturer after class to clarify (something I had the urge, but told myself not to, do).

Made me think about how conditioned our minds are to think we have done an assignment well once we fulfill specific requirements. On the other hand, perhaps if we condition ourselves to understand, critique and assess our work we would better be able to judge the value of a substantial essay. Then we will be taking ownership of our own learning and develop our own criteria of what makes a good essay.

--

WOW it feels so good to put down concretely random thoughts that float around. Writing definitely makes me think and feel clearer and then look at what I've written and be confused by myself haha.

Comments